Saturday, September 21, 2013

KIDS WILL BE KIDS ALL OVER THE WORLD

What a lovely way to teach a child civility.

I've heard that the most successful parents are able to civilize their children without putting out the child's spirit.  A most difficult task , I can assure you from experience. My son Luke is a perfect case in point. He was 6 when we brought him home from China. After about a week waking at the crack of dawn, chasing him down all day (for his own safety,) shrieking in horror at one or another of his antics, I phoned my sister Cathy, who had a son, Nick, then 16 years old. In a voice that was probably regret tinged with fear and shaped by exhaustion I asked her.

 "Why didn't you tell me about boys?" 

She, very calmly, replied, "I didn't think you'd go and get him." 

I could sense a smile at the other end of the line. I pretty sure I heard some muffled laughter too. 


Ahhh yes, my Lukie could have posed for some of these pictures. 


I'm happy to report that he is now quite civilized, yet full of spirit!


I would certainly be able to take him for a walk and a vist.

This lovely antique book, with it's spectacular illustrations, is available in our ETSY shop:

No comments:

Post a Comment