Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Well Hello!

It's been so long since I've posted. I was sick! I thought it was just a cold and tried to ignore it...it was bronchitis. I ended up on antibiotics, an inhaler and a load of other medications. YUK! But I'm back in the saddle and on my way to a show.

PAPERMANIA is a wonderful ephemera show in Hartford, Ct. and it is happening this weekend. Jan. 9th and 10th from 10-4. If you stop by my booth and mention the blog you'll get a free pocket charm!

In the meantime, here are some pictures of us making

                     CHINESE STUFFED BANANA LEAVES.

I highly recommend it-BUT ONLY if you have an expert like Hsin Chen to show you how!

First you get the banana leaves:

Then you make the stuffing...rice, meat and veggies... oh, and you need a pole to hang string from (your going to wrap the string around the stuffed banana leaves and then string them to the pole.)





You stuff the leaves by making a kind of triangle of one end and then wrapping it, sort of like the way you fold a flag, working from one end of the leaf to the other, then you tie it to the pole and wrap some more.. 

After all this (it takes a really long time, especially when you're first learning...) YOU EAT! Of course eating is the best part:)


3 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! Looks yummy to!
    TOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.. and glad you're feeling better!

    Hugs - Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious. I have never of it. Great photo essay of the experience too!

    ReplyDelete