Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Why I Love France

Because doors look like this

and this

and this.

and because shutters adorn every window.


Because they name their elementary schools after artists.

and their streets after writers.

Because parents walk their children to school.

Because when an ancient tree died, the town planted another one.

Because even the public utility access signs look cool.

Because even the smallest towns have several shady places for people to sit on a bench and watch the world go by.

 
Because those places have beautiful fountains,

 with sparkly water

and great faucets.

Because every plaza is named, and every name has meaning. St. Zachary was a center for ceramics, hence this plaza is named "Place de la Ceramique." 

Because in this town of 5,000 people I can buy things like this at one of the 5 Patisserie's,

Or things like this...which I can carry home and eat!

Because I can buy this cheese in a local supermarche for less than $4 (Which I can carry home 
and eat!)

Because every day, on my way home, this cat sits, warming herself in the late afternoon sun.

Because this is a house key.

Apartment for sale...





1 comment: