Monday, May 11, 2015

My yard in spring...

I could look at this stone wall, resting place for an old watering can (that belonged to Auntie Edie,) all day. The blue sky, the singing birds, all reminding me that I am very lucky, that I should count the tiny, daily, blessings in my life.

Checkerboard frittilaria, difficult to find and so charming. I look forward to seeing them every single spring. Every single fall I say I'm going to plant more...then I forget or, more likely, a busy life waylays the best of plans. I haven't yet planted more than this one, exquisite plant, and I look forward to it's springtime coming out party every single year. Perhaps one is enough.

I think this is viburnum. Glossy green leaves and clusters of tight while flowers against a blue sky. Lovely, and free...free bits of beauty just outside my front door.

Wherever you are, I hope you're having a beautiful spring day.

2 comments:

  1. I never heard of Checkerboard Frittilaria or seen one. I am moving back to Chicago and I'll have to look for those to plant in my garden. Believe it or not, we are limited here in Florida as to what will grow. Most flowers wither in the relentless summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bliss Farm Antiques" has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week, Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/05/a-sunday-drive_31.html

    ReplyDelete