Monday, August 12, 2013

ZUCCHINI CORN CAKES-YUM!


My kids, like most, are not big Veggie fans, but they eat these Zucchini Corn Cakes by the boat load. Steve and I love them too. I've made them for friends and family-everyone agrees they are yummy.
Easy peasy to prepare and tasty too...2 C shredded Zuchini, 2 C sweet corn (I cook mine and then cut it from the cob,) 1/2 C flour, 2 eggs (beaten) and what ever else you might want to toss in.

I had some fresh leeks so I cut them up, sauteed them and in they went.

I use a standard box grater to shred the Zuch.

Mix everything together and drop by spoonfuls into hot olive oil.
Fry about 2 minutes on each side, medium heat-you don't want to burn the outside before the inside is done.

I bless 'em with a touch of sea salt before serving, maybe even a dab of butter...

YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment