Thursday, January 5, 2012

GLOBE LOVE





The French have a thing for displaying objects, usually items close to their hearts, souvenirs and remembrances from a marriage ceremony, objects of curiosity...that sort of thing...

The taller/thinner globe measures 20" tall by 6.5" wide and 7" deep, The flowers in this globe do not come with it, I put them in for display/photos. $300
The oval globe packed with treasures measures 18" tall by 11" wide and 6.5" deep, $450-the flowers and statue come with the globe. $450

4 comments:

  1. very faniliar with the globes, I know 2 bloggers who have several , they are beautiful and I like the stories that goes with the globes de marier( I think thats what they are called)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bliss farm antiques reply to Curtains...Yes, they can be referred to as "Globe de Mariee" and are often used to display and preserve wedding flowers. They were also used to display curiosities-bugs, birds and such...versitile

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have the coolest things on your blog. I never cease to be inspired! I hope my new blog inspires as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful globes:) In response to the question about the crocheted shell you left on my blog... I don't have your email. Shoot me an email and I'll get back to you with answers about that shell.(bobbijlewin[at]gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete