Thursday, November 10, 2011

Puce de Vanves

Vanves is a weekend flea in Paris, I think the prices are a bit high, but oh the picking is good!
This bureau was gorgeous!
Someones well-worn lovey
I really, really wanted to bring this lady home with me, but I think it would have cost me another seat on the plane...
  
This and that...bits and bobs...
I think this is Eleanor Roosevelt, don't you?
 Hand embroidered linens are divine...
 This urn was nearly 3' tall!
The chairs were ridiculously cheap-$30 euro! Of course it would cost about $200 euro to send them back to the states.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the peek inside Jackie....You're right, that bureau is amazing...and I love your "lady" as well....How, exactly, do you bring your finds home? In a suitcase?? Hope you're enjoying! Me, I'm still dreaming of pâtisseries.... ;o) Smiles & Beaucoup Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frustrating isn't it? Hope you still managed to buy something small to go in your suitcase...
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I would probably go nuts! Those chairs are amazing!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wouldn't it be wonderful if Europe would just float across the ocean and bump into the U.S. for just a little while so that it wouldn't be so expensive to bring home such lovely things? Everything is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your adventure with me today.

    Smiles,

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie, I love the bureau as well. The photos are great and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Send the chairs this way I love the color of that old worm material on them

    I always wondered how much it cost to send items home because there is lots of ladies who do that

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that picture is janet reno back from the clinton era

    ReplyDelete